MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE PORT OF HOODSPORT COMMISSION
May 10, 2011
Call to Order: 9:30am Adjourned: 11:25am
Roll Call: Commissioner O’Laughlin
Staff Present: Kathleen Wyatt LeMaster, Port Operations Manager
Pat Hoff, Port Maintenance
Public: Ken Cook, Mike Purvis, Travis Wilson
Approval of Agenda: Commissioner Brazil made a motion to approve the 5-10-11 meeting agenda. Commissioner Petz made the second, passed unanimously.
Public Communication: None
Minutes: Commissioner Brazil made a motion to approve the minutes of April 26, 2011. Commissioner Petz made the second, passed unanimously.
Vouchers: Commissioner Brazil made a motion to approve the Voucher dated May 10, 2011 (1of1), Commissioners Payroll Voucher & April (4of4) Commissioner Petz made the second, passed unanimously.
Public Communication: None
Commissioner O’Laughlin addressed all email correspondance concerns regarding the date HCEA can use the Port dock for 4th of July fireworks. Commissioner Petz went to the first Shoreline Management Plan meeting as a Citizen, his term is 2 years. Commissioner Brazil & Commissioner O’Laughlin will attend the ‘All Ports Meeting’ May 11, 2011 @ 5pm
Commissioner O’Laughlin received an email regarding the ’Ugly Boat’ moored by the Port Marina & will be in contact with the Corp of Engineers to explore possibilities & requirements of sinking the boat for a divers underwater destination.
Port Operations Manager Report:
- A presentation & proposal was given by Travis Wilson, website designer. Commissioner Brazil suggested Travis continue with the website development for the Port and present it at the next meeting for approval in accordance with the proposal & final review of the development plan.
- Discussed and signed WSDOT Access Connection Permit for Hoodsport Trail Park. WSDOT will send approach requirements to NW Land when approved.
- Discussed DNR Application for Hoodsport Trail Park. Port will submit all paperwork to Enduris Insurance Co. to ensure liability coverage.
- Discussion/Direction Regarding the Septic Design,Temporary & Permanent Restroom Project:
County is waiting for Easement & Site plan revision for the Septic system. Port Commissioners & Mike Purvis will work on the Easement verbiage together then attorneys will review. Mike Purvis gave permission to put in the temporary restrooms for 1 year.
Kathleen will check in to all County ‘permitting’ requirements to locate permanent restrooms on Port property & temporary restrooms on IGA property.
Commissioner Petz contacted CXT regarding the logistics, pad dimensions & stub out requirements. If restrooms are placed on IGA property, Mike Purvis is OK with patching asphalt if there is damage.
- Park & Pier Update: The Docks are good. HP Maintenance submitted a proposal for the beautification project of the Marina Park area. There were two other proposals that came in with bids higher than the HP Maintenance proposal. Commissioner Brazil made a motion to approve the proposal given by HP Maintenance for the Pier Beautification project, Commissioner Petz made the second, unanimously approved. They will start immediately.
- There was a consensus of the Commission to make the Official locations to post upcoming Port of Hoodsport meetings on the Port Library, Port of Hoodsport office window & the Port of Hoodsport’s website. Commissioner Brazil made a motion to approve the ‘Official locations to post upcoming meetings, Commissioner Petz made the second, unanimously approved.
- Hoodsport Kiwanis will be planting a 13 foot evergreen tree on the Port of Hoodsport property to be used for the community Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.
Setting Dates Next Meetings:There was a consensus of the Commission to meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday’s due to a conflict with the Shoreline Management and Business Association meetings
Executive Session: None
Adjourn: Commissioner Brazil made a motion to adjourn. Commissioner Petz made the second, meeting adjourned at 11:25am
Minutes Approved: April 26, 2011
________________________ _______________________ _____________________
Commissioner O’Laughlin Commissioner Petz Commissioner Brazil